I AM SELINA by Aldoramist

 


 
“Number 21”, the man in a gray vertically striped suit standing on the podium called out.

This switched it on. Bringing it back to life. It had began.

A cold chill poured down my whole body, from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet. I could feel it standing behind me, torturing me with its invisible smile. for someone unseen, it’s presence laid a heavy weight on my shoulders, locking my feet to the floor. Soon, my heart became warm, but this warmth burnt deep within, even from its lowest degree. Its lava flowed through every vessel and vein in my body. As it spread, the heat increased.

 Now, the effect of the steam was evident outside my body. Drops of condensed steam beaded my forehead and my armpit stung, pinched but I could not itch for the fear of being moved from my uncomfortable peaceful position. It placed its hands on my shoulders and whispered soundlessly in my ear, causing me to flinch. This pushed the shaky button. In a room with a temperature of almost 32°c, I was shaking like a leaf hanging loose  in a stormy weather on the inside. 

My teeth gritted and I am sure that if I had gritted much tighter than I was, my teeth would have charred off some parts into my mouth, which was now sealed and zipped. My hands, clasped, sweaty and shaky rested securely on my weak laps. And my eyes, darted left and right, looking at nothing in particular, hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone would save me from it, bailing me out. My brain having the power and will to confront but my body saying another.

NO! I  stopped, realizing that I alone knew it was there, torturing and feeding on me. I, only, had the power to save myself  from it. I declared it GAME OVER, shutting it down. 

Now, I don’t want you to think all these happened in more than a minute, cause it didn’t. These all happened in just a split of five seconds. With the euphoria of the struggle still on, I stood on my shaky jelly feet and finally said… 

…‘I am Selina'.
      
       -Aldoramist



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR PEN by Krypton

BEAUTY by Tichie💕

FEAR (monologue) by Maco