A Friendly Betrayal by Tichieđź’•


“She loves me”,
So I thought.
“She will always defend me”,
So I thought.
“She smiles and hugs me so warmly”,
So I thought.

Oh! Oh how it stings!
Stabbed in the back so deep
With a dagger so wickedly sharp
But who?
Who would do such?
Who would cause me such pain?
A foe ? A thief in the night?

Alas! The pain fled to my heart as I beheld the culprit.
Her bloody red lips curve into a devilish smile.
How I wish my eyes deceived me.
How I wish I gazed upon a killer beast.
For this was no beast, she was….

She was the only one I gave my heart to PROTECT!!
….. My friend
So I thought!



   -Tichieđź’•

Author's Details: 
Ig: o_gozie 
Twitter: @Tichie_918 
Email: gozieonyenankeya@gmail.com


E-mail submissions to: 

aldoramist@gmail.com

Comments

  1. This is a very deep and sad poem. I loved it, although I wonder what motivated the writing. Must have been a really bad experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya must have been. The reality of the feeling that comes with the poem makes her a great poet. DM Tichieđź’• for more info. Thanks for your response

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece., conveying a clear message.
    Cheers to more beauties from a beautiful poet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR PEN by Krypton

BEAUTY by Tichieđź’•

FEAR (monologue) by Maco